Terms and Conditions
The Contract will be between the Owners of Heath and Shore Cottages (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you”, “your”, “guests”) under the following booking conditions. Scottish law will govern the Contract.
The person whose name is on the booking form (referred to as the “Responsible Person”) agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party. The Responsible Person must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking. The names, addresses and ages of all members of the party must be shared with the Owners on request.
When you submit a booking request via our online reservation, you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and deposit of 25% of the holiday cost or £200 whichever is the greater. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 42 days before the check-in date; you will be sent email notification that the balance is due. If your payment has NOT been received 42 days before the check-in date, we will assume that you wish to cancel.
If the booking is made within 42 days of the check-in date, payment will be due in full.
If you wish to cancel a booking made directly with us, you must notify us immediately by email.
Bookings placed from 30 June 2020 for holidays starting on or after 1 August 2020
- If you cancel up to and including 2 days before the check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the holiday cost. Refund payment will be made on the original check-out date.
- Cancellations made on the day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund.
- Example: for check-in on Friday 10th, you could cancel on Wednesday 8th and be reimbursed in full, but not on Thursday 9th (1 day prior) or Friday 10th (day of check-in).
- The cancellation covers holidays of up to 180 days in length and value up to US$25,000.
Bookings placed before 30 June 2020 are not cancellation protected. Previous conditions apply.
- If you cancel your booking within 7 days of booking and before your check-in date, we will refund all monies paid less an administrative charge of £50.
- If you cancel your booking more than 7 days after booking and more than 42 days (6 weeks) before the check-in date, the deposit will not be refunded. If you have already paid in full, we will refund the difference between the full payment and the deposit.
- If you cancel your booking less than 42 days (6 weeks) before check-in date, the deposit will not be refunded but we may refund a portion of the balance if we can re-let the cottage.
If you wish to cancel a booking made via an Agent (e.g. Trip Advisor, Booking.com etc), you must notify them directly. The Agent’s terms and conditions will apply.
Circumstances beyond our control (force majeure)
If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property), you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons, we will make a partial refund based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of our liability. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
As far as the law allows, we, our employees and our representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party or your/their property or vehicles as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
You indemnify us against loss, damage or injury sustained to our property or any persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of your party.
Right of Entry
We shall be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Accuracy of Details
Our website and information material are as accurate as possible but cannot be warranted, nor do the descriptions form any contract. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of property descriptions and images, the facilities and services may alter. We reserve the right to alter or improve any of the subjects without notice.
- You may access the property from 17.00 on the day of check-in and must leave by 9.00 on your final day. We need this time to ensure that the cottage is ready for guests. Please note earlier check-ins and later check-outs are strictly by arrangement only.
- On departure, you are requested to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. This includes washing up, placing rubbish in bin liners and putting in outside bins, ensuring ovens are clean and free from grease. We reserve the right to make a charge of £25 per hour for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- The booking agreement gives the right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period and purpose only and gives us the right to refuse access to any person, whether the Responsible Person or guest of the Responsible Person, deemed unsuitable.
- Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or any unreasonable behaviour may result in us requiring the Responsible Person or their guests to leave the property.
- You must not exceed the maximum occupancy, unless by prior arrangement in which case there may be an additional charge. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
- Two dogs (max) are permitted if booked and paid for in advance – £25 per dog, per stay. We reserve the right to seek details of dogs and to refuse permission if they are considered by us as unsuitable in character, size or behaviour or liable to be a nuisance or danger to others. Dogs must be house-trained, kept under control, never allowed on the furniture (especially beds) and never left unattended in the property. Before check-out, guests must remove dog hairs from floors and ensure all dog waste is collected and disposed of. Dog owners will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property, contents or garden by their dog and for any extra cleaning required.
- You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You undertake to leave the property secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
- You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement or repair of significant items (we will not charge for the odd glass or plate). If you lose a key, we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
- You agree to reasonable and lawful usage of the Internet service provided for guest use.
30 June 2020